Benue APC: Gov. Ortom's Enemies Will Be Disappointed, Says State Chair

Benue State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Emmanuel Abba Yaro, stated that political enemies of governor Samuel Ortom in the state will be disappointed in 2019 election. saying "the governo will win again." The APC state chairman, who emphatically stated that the governor will win again in the coming elections however declared that those calling for his resignation were wasting their time because "they are not real APC members." He said this at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja while debunking allegation by one Johnson Agada, that he was taking unilateral decisions in the state chapter , even as he described it as unfortunate, while calling on Nigerians to probe into the history of the man raising accusing fingers against him. He said: "Is it the Medical Students that graduated after stayed there for 7 years , they couldn’t go for NYSC before Ortom came to power, he came and cleared everything and made sure they sent all the medical students for practice and graduated, among many other life changing programmes in places already." The Benue APC chairman said, his accuser (Johnson Agada) and others "are not party people. They are not people that can win votes. Already we know where they are heading to. They are already holding meeting with SDP to move to the party. They want to go to SDP. They are free to go to SDP, nobody is stopping them. They have no political relevance at all." On governor Otorm’s second term bid, Yaro said: "There is no how we will not win in 2019. Ortom will certainly win. The man has done brilliantly well. The man who came and put in order the School of Nursing, the School of Nursing was almost sealed up and the man came and renovated and getting accreditation for the school now and they are admitting students there now. While commenting on his leadership relationship with the governor and the leadership of APC North-central, Yaro said: "There is no problem between me, my leaders, including the , the senators, leaders of the party and the state executive of the party, everything is moving smoothly." On why some people wanted him removed, the state chairman said: "There are no allegations. Yes I am the chairman, I am a principled chairman, I don’t compromise my integrity. I believe in internal democracy. Any election that comes, I make sure everybody goes to primaries. "Because he (Agada) featured some candidates that didn’t win. This same man said he went to the mountain for 7days that Ortom cannot be governor of Benue state but today Ortom is the governor of Benue State. "It is because the aspirant he brought out couldn’t win because he has promised them and collected money from them. This is the genesis of the whole thing," comrade Yaro said. Have a look at my website Nigeria
Tagged: